CAS No: 7647-14-5
Name: Himalayan Pink Salt – Coarse Grade
Other name(s): Sodium Chloride, Salt, Rock Salt
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
May be harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin
FIRST AID MEASURES
||No specific recommendations. Not carcinogenic
||Not a normal route of entry. Dust may cause nose, throat and respiratory tract irritation.
||Less than a few grams would not be harmful but large doses may cause vomiting. Rinse mouth thoroughly with water. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
||Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Call a Doctor if irritation develops.
||Rinse immediately with plenty of water. Remove any contact lenses and open eyelids wide apart. Continue to rinse for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
||Foam, carbon dioxide or dry powder.
|Special Fire Fighting Procedures
||When heated to temperatures above 801°C, may emit toxic fumes of chlorine and sodium oxides
|Protective Measures in Fire
||Wear positive-pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and appropriate protective clothing.
ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
||Wear suitable protective equipment, including gloves, goggles/face shield, respirator, boots, clothing or apron, as appropriate.
||Keep out of drinking water sources.
|Spill Clean Up Methods
||Avoid generation and spreading of dust. Collect and place in suitable waste disposal containers and seal securely. Label the containers containing waste and contaminated materials and remove from the area as soon as possible. Flush contaminated area with plenty of water.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
||Handle all packages and containers carefully to minimise spills.
||Store in tightly-closed, original container in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Protect from freezing and direct sunlight.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES